View post (Drifting...)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/25/2007 7:15 am
True dat hunter. I mean, my take on it would be this: Society wants us to go through school and learn all we can to grow up and be "successful" in one form or another. Typically they wouldn't deem successful as chasing dreams because theres usually hardship leading up to that, or all the way through it in some or most cases. Life is short. I'm not willing to spend it preparing for the next phase, such as financial stability through adulthood and retirement. I mean, financial stability is a major plus, but I'm a work to live not a live to work kinda guy. I'm not willing to spend it preparing for what is to come. As a good friend I was recently talking to put it, "some people can only write a few sentences about their life when its all said and done, but others could write a novel." I'd like to write a novel. So what if its tough getting there. I won't ever have the "what ifs" to look back on, regardless of whether I make it or not.

About time I started getting driven in my life to make my mark. So I believe this is my calling. And thats what I'm gonna do.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.