View post (Drifting...)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/23/2007 8:18 pm
Well, for the past 2 years I've been a natural resources conservation major and I will have an Associates in that in May. (assuming I don't majorly f up.) So now I'm going to move onto bigger and better things, but this time, I'm going for music. Save me the crap of "don't study music" and such, because I don't wanna hear that nor do I care. But I believe that once I finish my bachelors or perhaps masters depending on which path I take, I'm gonna end up doing some aimless drifting and going wherever music may happen to take me. I'm probably gonna be looking at a life of a 9-5 job and then hopefully playing gigs at night and try to gain some recognition. Maybe I'll do lessons. Maybe I'll open a business...

I don't know. Anybody ever feel you were on the path to nowhere, but didn't care? Thats how I feel now. I'm not upset at all that I'm not gonna be able to walk out of college and get some salaried job right off the bat. Probably see some cool stuff along the way and get to play music pretty often.

I guess my main goals are to be able to make ends meet and hopefully get some gigs. Thats what I'd like to do. Whereve that may take me, who knows.

I'm just rambling now, but its funny, every single passion I've had people have told me not to do it because it sucks or you won't make a lot of money doing it. Frankly, I don't care anymore so I'm gonna do what I want to do.

Thoughts or anything to add? Think I'm makin a mistake? I don't know where I'm headed in life, but I know what I like. So thats what I'm gonna do I guess....
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.