Quest For Good Solid State Blues Tone

strat-man
strat-man
03/25/2007 10:15 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsMy dear sir, why ever would you wish to restrict yourself to eBay UK? Does one seek gold in a coal mine? For example:

>1973 V-2<

>re-issue SJ-12T<

Even with the extortion racket otherwise known as VAT & Import Duty, a little G-18 would be a reasonable purchase. I can assure you that the couriers rape us Canadians with outrageous brokerage fees, even when there is no Customs Duty charged by the government. It adds significantly to the cost of acquiring these lovlies, but G.A.S. must be assuaged, yes?

VOX makes some excellent amps even now. The >Pathfinder 10<, their answer to the Ampeg G-18, is still being produced, to rave reviews.

"You can't always get what you want - but if you try sometime, you'll find you get what you need."

Ok fella, i'll let you have that one, darn you for being so damned clever! however i do dispute the pathfinder 10, rave reviews YESSSSS, still being produced NOOOOOO unfortunately not, but no matter, i have their other now out of production secret weapon! the VR15 hybrid solid state/valve, its really rather good, well i think so, and also has some rave reviews :) but dam you you LATS, i got GAS for an Ampeg!! and the girlfriend says it's all your fault! well i'm not gonna argue with her am i!!! So ok i may look into importing a G-18 (love a valver but got neighbours! :( ) only thing that bothers me is...if its a dud i can't just go round and give em a dry slap...my arms just wont reach across the pond! so can i leave that to you sir?

BTW like the rolling stones line :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/25/2007 10:22 pm
Be good enough to use a step-down mains transformer (230 VAC will fry a North American amp!), and all will be well.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/25/2007 11:26 pm
Just got back to this thread, and I see I've got 4 pages of responses to ponder now. I'll definitely have to look into the Marshall Superhuman suggested, and the G-18 LATS has endorsed.

Thank you all.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3
Logan826
High on Strat
Logan826
High on Strat
03/25/2007 11:41 pm
Not to hijack this thread. Well it's really not as it's along the topic.
Anyway, does anybody have the Digitech RP150 and if so can it be plugged into the Line 6 Spider III 15w combo amp. There is a setting on the Line 6 that lets you cancel the FX, but not the tone control. I'd like to be able to get some more sounds out of this amp. I've plugged my guitar into a Marshal stack ($6500, so I'm staying WAY away from that LOL) but the sound was amazing and the owner of the stack could produce any sound I wanted. But what Griz is trying to do sounds kind of like what I'm trying to achive aswell.
Thanks,
Dan
# 4
iceandhotwax
iceandhotwax
03/25/2007 11:58 pm
i have the rp 150 , it plugs into my peavey transtube 258efx amp
# 5
strat-man
strat-man
03/26/2007 3:28 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsBe good enough to use a step-down mains transformer (230 VAC will fry a North American amp!), and all will be well.

I hear ya sir :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 6
Logan826
High on Strat
Logan826
High on Strat
03/26/2007 9:02 pm
Griz,
I'm reposting this here just incase other are interested aswell.

I stopped at Guitar center after work and checked out the Digitech RP150. I'm picking it up tomorrow, they were sold out but had a store model setup and I plugged it into a Line 6 Spider III (same amp I have). Bro this thing is the way to go, it really complimented the Spider III I could get any tone I wanted playing around with the settings on both. You were looking for that Blues tone, this will do it. If you can swing and justify the cost of the 350, get it. for me, the 150 will do just fine.
Dan
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.