View post (Quest For Good Solid State Blues Tone)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/25/2007 9:37 pm
Originally Posted by: strat-manDarn ye LATS! have you tried gettin a Ampeg G-18 on eBay uk? or any Ampeg for that matter! NON EXISTANT! dam it i can't even find new Ampegs in the uk, they're rarer than rockin horse s**t, and if they do exist, this is the uk so they'll be 4 times the price of us or canada! stop rubbin our noses in it you charlatan you! I'm stickin with me Vox's, and thats all i have to say about that! :D

My dear sir, why ever would you wish to restrict yourself to eBay UK? Does one seek gold in a coal mine? For example:

>1973 V-2<

>re-issue SJ-12T<

Even with the extortion racket otherwise known as VAT & Import Duty, a little G-18 would be a reasonable purchase. I can assure you that the couriers rape us Canadians with outrageous brokerage fees, even when there is no Customs Duty charged by the government. It adds significantly to the cost of acquiring these lovlies, but G.A.S. must be assuaged, yes?

VOX makes some excellent amps even now. The >Pathfinder 10<, their answer to the Ampeg G-18, is still being produced, to rave reviews.

"You can't always get what you want - but if you try sometime, you'll find you get what you need."
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons