View post (What I do....)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/14/2007 5:15 pm
Originally Posted by: renAt the moment, I use my guitar knowledge/experience/ability/whatever as a means to pay the bills, and as recreation. I teach, record and perform for money and also use the guitar to relax. As I've said in other threads, it has become my speaking voice as well - I can't talk to a crowd but I can play confidently for one without even thinking about it. I'm lucky in so far as band politics aren't an issue. I've played to pretty large crowds, and sat at a party drunk like we all do... I only feel stress of any kind when playing new material to people close to me.

I don't have a proper job any more - gradually moved away from it as I managed to make more from the guitar. I'm not rich, but I now pay the bills and I haven't starved yet - all thanks to the guitar. I'm now writing a book and working on different techniques trying to find something that's mine... some kind of cool thing that I did first. Whether I'll find it is something else...

I'll deviate a little from Adam on the women front though - you don't need to use it to weaken their defences, it's already done it without asking. You have to be able to either a) play or b) look good wearing a guitar necklace but the hard work is already done...

If I weren't afraid of being accused of being petty, I'd be really, really jealous! :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]