Sonic Stage

moparnewt
moparnewt
03/13/2007 4:15 pm
Anyone have any experience with the Sony SonicStage Mastering Studio? I've never tried recording on the computer before, and I'm ready to take the plunge,as that is what came on this computer.Is this software capable of delivering a good finished product?
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/13/2007 4:50 pm
If it's this you're talking about..

http://www.vaio.net/sonyvaio689.html

... then it depends what you want to do.
It looks like it's just a basic recorder for doing a few simple things like burning CD's or recording your old cassette tapes. There's probably some basic built in features for improving on the end sound, but nothing major. You can use it to record guitar to the computer but just in it's basic form. ie, using a mic or plugged in directly or through an effects box.

If you really want to get into recording stuff you need something more substantial that can do multitracking and use VST effects and things like amp modelers.
ie, ProTools, SONAR, Cubase, or Logic Pro.
# 2
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
03/13/2007 7:49 pm
If you are unafraid of the Linux OS then I might also recommend the free Ardour software. seems to do quite alot. I'm just now getting into the meat of the package so I'll let you all know whats the deal when I get further along.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.