Ughhhhhh....

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/12/2007 9:54 pm
So I wake up this morning, hop in the shower everything is goin good and as planned. Then I start lookin for my keys so I can go to class. Can't find em. They're nowhere in my apartment. So I run down to my truck hoping they're in the ignition where I typically never leave them, sure enough there they sit. So I start it, run back upstairs, get my shtuff and I'm ready to go. BLS is playing and I didn't really want to hear that. Reach over for my cd's...they're not their. Also noticed my seat in my truck was moved. My entire collection of music, gone, due to the fact that I thought I lived in a decent hood. Luckily it wasn't my truck gone due to my stupid mistake from the day before. Man, its such a nasty feeling in all honesty. All those cd's that entertained so much on road trips gone to some piece of **** who's too ****in poor to get himself a job and by his own ****in cd's. I'm sorry for the profanity, but I'm really pissed. I've never been robbed even to the smallest extent. So this is a new emotion for me. Hendrix, Satriani, CCR, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, BLS, Skid Row.....all friggin gone. Must've been at least a few hundred bucks of cd's in there, not to mention countless burned cd's of random stuff.

I always picked on my friends for locking their vehicles. Won't hear that from me anymore. Really does suck. :(

Also, a few punk kids just moved in across the way this weekend and I saw em walking through the area of my truck a few times throughout the day. I remember I had Hendrix sitting face up. They're probably token up to it right now. Just a theory. :mad:
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
03/12/2007 10:12 pm
That's weak sauce dude. Who steals burnt cd's though, honestly.

# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/12/2007 10:18 pm
Yeah. However, the majority were legit copies. Perhaps its karma for pirating...Idk. Hopefully their karma for stealing from me would involve a blow torch, some tooth pics, and a huge chick named Celia...
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/12/2007 11:02 pm
hard luck dude

at least they didnt take the car

hope u got it all backed up on pc
# 4
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/12/2007 11:08 pm
Originally Posted by: Fret spiderhard luck dude

at least they didnt take the car

hope u got it all backed up on pc

I don't... :(
# 5
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/12/2007 11:13 pm
what can i say part from better luck next time
# 6
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/12/2007 11:46 pm
That stinks man. The only clue the cops have is that the thiefs have good taste in tunes. Like the others said, at least they didn't take the truck.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 7
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/13/2007 1:03 am
Just got the news my buddy who lives here also got broken into last night. They took sunglasses and gum from him.
# 8
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/13/2007 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintHendrix, Satriani, CCR, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, BLS, Skid Row.....all friggin gone.

Except for the Hendrix and CCR, sounds like they did you a favour.

Seriously though, this calls for..........vigilante justice.

# 9
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/13/2007 4:13 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckExcept for the Hendrix and CCR, sounds like they did you a favour.

I will slap you harder than you've ever been slapped in the past.

On a side note, there was a ton more than that in there, some stuff I'm sure you would appreciate.
# 10
ren
ren
03/13/2007 9:16 am
Sorry to hear dude. The thing is that even if you do live in a decent neighbourhood, the people from the bad ones travel... :eek:

I live in a nice place, but there's a crappy one a few miles away. The dodgy types from over there come visit us because we've got more/better stuff.

I bet you won't leave your truck unlocked / keys in ignition again, so that'll have to be the positive to take away from this one. Either that or get a big hammer as suggested above...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 11
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/13/2007 10:54 am
tough luck man i know how it feels...someone needs to teach them punks a lesson :mad:
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 12
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/13/2007 1:45 pm
That really sucks bud! I can sympathize with you though. I've had a vehicle broken into and had the whole stereo system stolen from it (well over $1,000+ worth of stuff), and I've also had my home broken into (luckily they didn't take much). It's one of the worst feelings you can get, when something like that happens to you. I hope things work out for you, and that you get compensated in one form or the other :o
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 13
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/16/2007 3:29 am
Here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

Joe Satriani-Electric Anthology
Metallica-Kill Em All
Steve Miller Band-Greatest Hits
Allman Bros-Greatest Hits
Steve Vai-Infinite Collection
Alice In Chains-Dirt, Unplugged, Jar of Flies, Best of the Box
Ted Nugent-Super Hits
Jeff Beck-Shapes of Things
Tesla-Greatest Hits
Megadeth-Rust In Peace
Pantera-Great Southern Trendkill
AC/DC-Razors Edge, Stiff Upper Lip, High Voltage
BLS-Blessed Hellride
Van halen-5150
Jimi Hendrix-Greatest Hits, Electric Ladyland
Led Zeppelin-Houses of the Holy
Lemur Voice-Intuition
Rolling Stones-Greatest Hits
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Greatest Hits
Skid Row-Slave To the Grind
Jackyl-Greateset Hits
SRV-Greatest Hits
Motley Crue-Red, White, And Crue
Eric Johnson-Bloom
Tom Petty-Greatest Hits
Great White-Greatest Hits
CCR-Greatest Hits

I think I'm gonna miss the AIC collection the most. I can listen to them any time of the day and find something that fits my mood. My goal is to re-accumulate these by the end of this summer. I really started buying em heavily last year, as opposed to pirating music. Something about having the album is just more satisfying. Sound quality is perfect...Just better. I had countless burned CD's in there too, but its the authentics that I'm gonna miss. I did manage to salvage a couple that weren't in there...3 I think.

Sucks. :(
# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/16/2007 4:12 am
These days, this is like having your computer crash when you didn't have proper backup in place. You see where I'm going. here? If your music collection is didgital, you have no, I mean zero excuse for not having proper backup!

Give your head a shake, give your process a thorough review, and copy the he!! out of anything your think is worth saving.

Dayum, son! Y'all should know better! :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 15
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/16/2007 4:27 am
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsThese days, this is like having your computer crash when you didn't have proper backup in place. You see where I'm going. here? If your music collection is didgital, you have no, I mean zero excuse for not having proper backup!

Give your head a shake, give your process a thorough review, and copy the he!! out of anything your think is worth saving.

Dayum, son! Y'all should know better! :(

Oh trust me, I'm kicking myself in the ass now. Little late for such things though...It will be done the second time around.
# 16
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/16/2007 4:45 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintOh trust me, I'm kicking myself in the ass now. Little late for such things though...It will be done the second time around.

Good 'nuff!

I might point out the glaring fact that neither Alice Cooper, nor Grand Funk Railroad appear in your listing.

Sad oversight. :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 17
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/16/2007 4:48 am
Bummer Bro, It leaves a weird feeling in your gut when someone invades your privacy and Kypes your goods.
Look on the bright side, at least they didn't rip your Floyd collection. At least it wasn't mentioned.
Lock it, or lose it, they say. Better yet, only keep burned copies in the vehicle.
# 18
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/16/2007 5:08 am
I had a Floyd collection...it was pirated. As was the Alice Cooper. I stay away from the Grand Funk Railroad though. As I said, I just really started buying albums heavily. I had probably 50 pirated cds in there loaded with stuff. I've also lost tons of cds in the past, so that didn't help my collection none too much. But I was really working on it, so losing that many was a major set back.
# 19
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/16/2007 6:17 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI had a Floyd collection...it was pirated. As was the Alice Cooper. I stay away from the Grand Funk Railroad though. As I said, I just really started buying albums heavily. I had probably 50 pirated cds in there loaded with stuff. I've also lost tons of cds in the past, so that didn't help my collection none too much. But I was really working on it, so losing that many was a major set back.

Well, at least go out and purchase "Dark Side Of The Moon", then burn a copy for the Car to lift your spirits. You might want to grab Megadeth's "Rust in Peace" as well while you're out. Just be careful not to run over those punks if you see them on the street. Well, not in front of any witnesses, at least.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.