Pull offs

EPISODER
EPISODER
03/08/2007 2:20 pm
Hello everyone. I am very new at guitar playing (june will be 1 year) and I have an acoustic/electric guitar. (some walmart brand or something). but i'm saving up for a gibson les paul. I am learning "Carry on waward son" by Kansas, and on the riff at the begining, I dont know how to perform a "Pull off" can someone walk me through it. :o

I would REALY appreciate it
e-|--------------|--------------|--------------|--------------|
B-|--------------|--------------|--------------|--------------|
G-|--------------|--------------|--4--7--4-----|--------------|
D-|-----------5--|-----------7--|----------7-5-|--7-----7-----|
A-|--7--5--7-----|--7--5--7-----|--------------|-----5-----4--|
E-|--------------|--------------|--------------|--------------|
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 1
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/08/2007 2:56 pm
ok

well a pull of is the partner top the hammer on. they both are used to get the smooth legato sound.

right pull ofs are used to go smoothly from one note to a lower one on the same string. eg 7 to 5

often notated as 7p5

first place your first finger on the 5th fret then the third finger on the seventh. pluck the string. now you want to take your third finger of the seventh fret, but you dont just lift it. you have to dragf it down slightly (or up), this should make note freted on the fith fret ring out. remember hold the fith fret down constantly.

this can be done between any two fingers.

hope this is clear enough.
# 2
EPISODER
EPISODER
03/22/2007 1:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Fret spiderok

well a pull of is the partner top the hammer on. they both are used to get the smooth legato sound.

right pull ofs are used to go smoothly from one note to a lower one on the same string. eg 7 to 5

often notated as 7p5

first place your first finger on the 5th fret then the third finger on the seventh. pluck the string. now you want to take your third finger of the seventh fret, but you dont just lift it. you have to dragf it down slightly (or up), this should make note freted on the fith fret ring out. remember hold the fith fret down constantly.

this can be done between any two fingers.

hope this is clear enough.

Thank you!!! That's the problem, I'd never drag it off... I'd ,like you said, just lift it. thanks again. :) :) :)
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 3

03/22/2007 10:12 pm
Kevin Tailor has a good pull-off videos for beginners, not sure if you have access but here it is :

http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=9368&s_id=171
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.