View post (Wow I haven't been on here for a while...)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/09/2007 2:48 am
yeah.. I guess you learn something even if it's just the experience of being humiliated or learning what not to do.

I joined ( or tried to join ) a couple of bands back when I first started playing and mayed a total fool of myself cause I had no clue what I was doing.
I remember trying out for a guy named 'Sandy' years ago who was supposed to be this awesome musician. I spent the afternoon being totallly humiliated by the guy cause he kept cutting me up and ignoring me like I didn't know what I was doing.

Years later I saw the guy in a bar band and he totally sucked. He couldn't even hold a note. It was then that I kinda reaized that guys like him were more about feeling like big shots cause they were in a band and the only reason people held him in high regard was because of his big personality.

Anyway... long story short.... he never made it anywhere and ended up doing a record that was so bad that everybody cut the guy up so bad he ended up quitting.

Don't know how to feel about it except that it was kinda vindication after all those years thinking that he was somebody to look up to.