View post (I passed through...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
03/07/2007 6:15 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymint
I think I've fallen into the world of Jeff Beck style blues and dare I say John Mayer and Dave Matthews style lyrical content and music. Its really quite enjoyable.

John Mayer has been one of my favorite artists for awhile... My ex girlfriend literally dragged me to a concert of his about 5 years ago. It was an AMAZING show... His guitar playing is top notch and very lyrical in it's own right... which was what I loved the most. I've been a Dave Matthews fan since 1994... I had two older brothers that were into him and I grew up listening to his stuff... I've seen him live 5 times and each time is better than the first. His guitar playing is almost virtusoic in the way that he utilizes chords... not a lot of people realize how technical his guitar playing is until they try to learn one of his harder songs. Same way with John Mayer. His use of chords is unbelievable.

But yeah, initially when I started playing guitar I was in the same boat. I loved watching and listening to outrageously fast guitar players... I had always been a fan of really emotional music... and that's how i got into the blues about 6 years or so ago. Been a blues-head ever since. Blues is such a vast genre... where as shred is just shred.