View post (Bands you like, but not enough to buy their records!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
09/27/2001 4:39 am
So I heard that song "Soul To Squeeze" by The RHCP the other day, and I forgot how good this song really is. It has that simple, yet catchy guitar intro, and the slide guitar parts are very soothing. Every now and then (as a guitar player) I hear something on the radio, or perhaps in a gas station, and I just get the urge to play it on guitar.

I'm not really a huge fan on The Red Hot Chili Peppers, however, there are a bunch of 'sellective' songs from their vault that are always fun to play on guitar. I never really urged myself to purchase of of their fullalbums, just a few singes here and there but these guys definitely have the magic. And they write music for the right reasons.

After watching their behind the music special, you really tend to look at these guys from a whole new perspective. They really have passion, and they're not just a bunch of monkeys with socks on their unmentionables, (always looking for atention.) They play music for the love of it, and that should be a great example for a lot of young people today.

So are you like me, :)? Are there certain bands that you really like, but not enough to buy one of their whole records? And are you like me, :) do you like to sleep under the stars?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."