View post (you gotta be kiddin')

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/11/2007 12:27 am
Originally Posted by: polanskyHow much time does he has to practice?... he has to go to school, do homework, clean his room... damn... being a kid is hard bro... :D

But let's face it, he does rock.

Cheers for the kid and hope he keeps playing.[/QUOTE]

hmm... from >this thread< in January of 2003:
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsAfter 6 months, I'd had my own guitar for about three weeks, and I was driving the rest of my family crazy while I played for five hours a day. I was in high school at the time, and I had a morning paper route, so I was basicaly getting by on about four hours of sleep a day. I don't remember what I was playing at the time, but if you check out the Top 10 charts circa 1968, you can see that I had a lot to try for!

... and from >this thread< the following December:
[QUOTE=Lordathestrings]Back in '68, when I bought my first guitar, I played every possible minute of every day.

I played when I first woke up. I played after I got home from my morning paper route, before I went to school. I played when I came home for lunch. I played when I came home from school. I played before doing my homework. I played instead of doing my homework. I played until bedtime. I played after bedtime. I played until my fingers bled. I played until I had calouses over blood blisters on my fingertips....

35 years later, I play maybe 4 hours a week, but I still love it! :D

When a kid gets the fever, playing becomes something that gets done any time you're not doing something else. Sometimes instead of other things. As you get older, it becomes much harder to obsess on something like playing guitar. You have less ability to put other things aside, and a lot less support from other people when you shirk your responsibilities in favour of playing.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons