Im still tripping out

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/03/2007 2:23 pm
I am so excited I just had to hop on here and tell yall about it. I am a green player ... maby 3 months in. I know nooo one personaly that plays guitar. You know someone to go jam with etc.. Well I joind a local music comunity web site and been chatting with local players. Well last night I went out to catch a show of one of the more expierenced rock/blues bands. I bumped into a couple of folks from the site. It was cool meeting these guys in person. Then I was introduced to the leed guitarist. An awsome guy who I was blown away in awwww watching him play "vodo child" and "Hey jo" and a bunch of other sweet tunes. Well next thing I know that increadible guitar player gave me his phone number and told me he would love to show me some stuff. Man I damn near hit the floor. So not only can I say I know guys why play I can say I jam with one of the best guitarist I have ever meet. Damn im pumped.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/03/2007 2:38 pm
Outstanding! From everything that I've ever read, this seems to be a time honored tradition in the guitar community. Guitarists have been showing each other tricks for years and years and years....kinda like the whole reason for this site (I think so anyway....a community for all level of guitar players to talk, learn and share).

You'll have to let us know how it goes. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/04/2007 7:08 am
Cool man!
Do they play around here (or anywhere in greater Houston area)? Definitely sounds like the kinda music I'd like to see. What are they called?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/04/2007 8:12 am
Sweet, dude, I'm jealous! Keep us posted on how it goes!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/04/2007 2:56 pm
The name of the band is Deacon Dark. Im not sure how far out they go for gigs. I think they are just local, but awsome group none the less. LOL... Ted the guitarist was telling me they made top 40 in Helsieky, Finland (I know I spelt it wrong ... my bad).....lol.... he was saying well at least we are known somewhere...lol. I cant get the stupid link going to there site but you can go to MySpace and search Deacon Dark. My favorite song on there list is "If Blues Was Whiskey". I know they are going to the studio soon so im looking forward to adding another c.d. to my collection.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.