Aaron Lewis.

aschleman
aschleman
03/02/2007 5:51 pm
Going to see his solo acoustic show in Indianapolis tonight!! I've always wanted to see one of his acoustic shows... never was really interested in seeing Staind after they came out with Break the Cycle.... I prefer their early work to their recent stuff... I like Aaron's writing style and his simplistic guitar/vocal styles.... Granted, his limited abilities on guitar have confined his songwriting abilities... I'm still excited. I've got great seats too. Dead center 15 rows back on the floor.
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/05/2007 12:28 am
How'd it go bud?
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
03/05/2007 12:52 pm
I had medium expectations to for the show... Expecting a lot of the older stuff to be played with some of the newer stuff adapted to acoustic... He just played on stage by himself except for three songs where he brought one of his friends he use to play with back in high school, before he was in Staind, on stage. That part was bad ass... They played Bong Hits for Breakfast and a few Alice in Chains songs... which really wow'd me because they even did the two part harmonies that Layne and Jerry do and they nailed both tunes... They did Rooster and Angry Chair... He, of course, played Outside, It's Been Awhile, Zoe Jane, and Right Here.... But the ones that I liked the most where a few tunes off the newer album that worked really well for him. He played Devil and Falling which are both really cool solo acoustic tunes.... Then he played a few other covers like Tool's "Sober" and Pearl Jams "Black"... He also played 2 songs that never made it onto any albums. He played Excess Baggage which was very depressing as it always is..... But BY FAR my favorite part of the night was when he played patience by Guns N Roses... and he NAAAAAAAILED it. I've got a lot more respect for Aaron Lewis as a vocalist after seeing the versatility that he showed and his voice sounded amazing. Probably the most emotionall filled concert I've ever been to... But when he started doing the whistling part to the intro to Patience the crowd went crazy... then Aaron stopped and said that he loves that song but he has a hard time playing it because of how much he hates Axl for breaking up Guns N Roses. Then he played it anyway and let out a big "F*** Axl Rose" at the end... then made a few jokes about Chinese Democracy..... It was really neat though because he didn't use a set list at all. He would just play whatever songs the crowd was chanting for. Occasionally he would play parts of songs because he didn't know the whole thing. He played part of Shinedowns .45 because he said when him and Josh Smith from Shinedown do it he only remembers that part. It was a cool concert. Very laid back but very emotionally charged. Aaron does a great job of filling a room with emotion... More often than not it's a very depressing vibe though. haha.

It probably ranks in my top 5 of concerts that I've seen...
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/05/2007 4:48 pm
Sounds kick ass! I'd love to go see one of his shows like that. Acoustic shows like that really appeal to me.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/06/2007 2:12 am
He sounds like a really cool, interactive dude.

The pearl jam cover would have made my night. I love the guns and roses bit too.

Thanks for the review.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
03/06/2007 3:02 am
Aaaah yes. As I've said many times before, Staind's my favorite band and Aaron is an amazing vocalist. There are a lot of clips of his acoustic performances on Youtube. I've seen his acoustic performance in Tampa and I'm going to another one in Orlando at the end of the month. Glad you had a good time.
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
03/06/2007 3:12 am
My second favorite part... that I forgot to mention was when he and his buddy from high school played "Bong Hits for Breakfast".... an awesome stoner song!!!!
# 7
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
03/28/2007 4:13 pm
Tomorrow's the big night!! Aaron is going to be at the Hard Rock in Orlando, and I'm dead center, three rows back. Sooo excited.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.