View post (Just need to vent)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
03/02/2007 2:37 pm
Yeah, people that don't play guitar don't really "get it". They assume that it's easy because, honestly... when you sit back and watch someone play that knows how to play... it SHOULD look easy (to someone that doesn't know anything about guitar). That's why you always will have these people that will see you play and say "I want to learn, TEACH ME!!!". Then you show them a chord or two and they realize that it's harder than it looks... It happens all the time where people get excited about learning guitar and they go out and buy a guitar and realize that it actually takes time and patience to learn how to play... You're right on that one...

As for the whole situation... My girlfriend doesn't like it when I play loudly when she's trying to watch television or do something either. I more than often get one of my electrics out and play with that... so it's much more quiet... Or I'll put my headphones on. Like you said, it's hard to get away when you're in an apartment. The best advice is really what Hunter said... you have to talk to her about it and see what she thinks about it. Another thing that I like to do is play outside... When the weather is nice I'll go somewhere outside and play. Sorry about the frustration but it kind of falls under that whole "compromise" relationship clause... haha