View post (Just need to vent)

View thread

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/02/2007 2:08 pm
Ok last night had a friend over. My friend, wife and I where sitting in the living room and I was showing my buddy some stuff I picked up on the guitar. He is interested in picking it up so I was even trying to show him some easy chords. Well my wife proceded to turn the tv on and started cranking it up trying to over play the guitars. Well we live in an apartment and there realy isent alot of areas to go in the place to play (plus my buddy is nearly 7ft tall... living room had to be the place). Well after it gets to the point im loosing my place in a song due to the fact the tv is srewing me up I just put the axes up and gave up. This sort of thing has happend more than once. Well not exactly the same but close. Well what pisses me off is most people who dont play an istrument have no idea how much time, sweet, dedication, determination, and all that other stuff it takes to get good at it. Seems alot of folks have absolutly no respect for sacrifices people have made to get to the level they are. I am in no way a Kenny Wayne Shephard but I can play some songs and it sounds decent. I made up my mind I am done telling folks I play. I am not going to quit, I'll just lock myself in my room and work on it. Am I wrong for getting frustrated with this?
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace