removing guitar part

ryrysweetiepie
ryrysweetiepie
02/28/2007 6:29 am
ok, let's say that i want to remove the main guitar from an instrumental track. like, maybey i want to cover batio's song "no boundaries" and i need everything that is in the song (drums, keyboard, etc.) to play, except for the lead guitar, cause that's what i'm gonna be playing. how would i go about doing this?
# 1
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
02/28/2007 7:30 am
That's gonna be real hard, unless you have all the seperate tracks.

There are certain ways about filtering out certain frequencies, but I don't find it to be pleasing to the ear. It doesn't really work.

Why don't you download the backing track without the solo. You might be able to find it at www.guitarbt.com

;)
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/28/2007 11:02 am
yeah, unless the guitar is panned completely to one speaker so you can use the balance control, there's not a lot you can do.
If you're familiar with using MIDI you might be able to find a .MID version of the tune, but unless you have some decent sound equipment, it'll sound kinda cheezy.
# 3
ren
ren
02/28/2007 6:28 pm
The tascam phrase trainers will do it by filtering out frequencies - it's not great, but it works. Apparenty my Micro BR does it too, but I've never tried.

I bet you can find a backing track for 'no boundaries' pretty easily on the 'net...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Superhuman
Superhuman
02/28/2007 8:41 pm
Simply put, it can't be done. At least not without sounding horrible. If you are seriously looking at tackling "No Boundaries" then it should be no hassle to come up with the backing, you can find it tabbed all over the net plus I'm sure someone somewhere has a backing track on their site.
That is a seriously challenging piece and not for the faint hearted. If you are a beginner I would say try something easier, there are too many expert techniques in that track - you will actually get stumped on the opening bar (a swept arpeggio). If you have been playing for a while though it is an amazing track for moving up about 10 levels. You can buy the dvd of the whole song broken down bar by bar, played slowly and at regular tempo by MAB at www.angelo.com That's probably the only way to really learn how to play that track -you absolutely have to see a lot of those techniques being executed before you can tackle working them out from a tab.
# 5
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
03/01/2007 4:23 am
Yeah, It is a really tough track to work on 'No Boundries'

I haven't tried it out myself yet (mainly cos I'm not interested) but I'm not sure if this song he uses 27 frets?

Cos I know some of his songs he uses a 27 fret guitar...

Good luck though in conquering this track

:cool:
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 6
ren
ren
03/01/2007 11:58 am
Nah - 'No Boundaries' does hit the 24th, but that's it... and yeah, it's a proper finger twister...

I quite like the opening arp though.... I'm not so keen on MAB's alternate picked runs, but some of the sweep sequences are pretty cool...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 7
ryrysweetiepie
ryrysweetiepie
03/03/2007 9:53 am
nope, i don't have the separate tracks, and it's not on guitarbt, and i'm not looking to use a program that makes it sound awkward. as for the warnings on how difficult this song is, i've already learned it, so that's not a worry. i've been playing for a real long time, and have mastered the techniques in this song. the only problem is that i'm lacking the skill in the production/recording area, and need help on how to obtain this backing track. i need it cause i'll be performing it soon, and i would rather use a backing track than use the original track and just play along with it. i'm pretty clueless when it comes to midi, and don't know how i would go about making my own. if anyone finds the backing track, please tell me. thanks.
# 8
ryrysweetiepie
ryrysweetiepie
03/03/2007 10:03 am
oh yeah, and just in case there's like a million different versions of this out there, the one i do is in d minor, then transitions to g minor, and then to c minor. i'm pretty sure it's the original one off of the album "no boundaries". thanks alot everone!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.