View post (Finally)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
02/28/2007 3:04 pm
Originally Posted by: Bar Chord NickThey get paid a fortune to make those movies. Do we need to watch as they are rewarded for it? I just don't get all those award shows. How many of you excel at your job? Did you get paid a million or better for the work you did in the past 6 months? Was there an award ceremony to congratulate you for the work you did? Probably not.

Yeah, but one could argue that acting... just as music... is an artform and movies are the the songs of acting. It's more or less just a way for the "Academy" to say "Hey general public, this is what a good movie is."

To me, I don't really care whether they say it's a "good movie" or not... All in all though, I believe the Oscars to be much more true to the film industry than, say... the Grammy's. Awarding low budget films like "Little Miss Sunshine", I think, is the awesome!

As for the Grammy's... When the Dixie Chicks win the most Grammy's, you know your music award show is ridiculous. The Grammy's are the worst because it is all about commercialization. Who had their songs played on the radio the most. Who put out the most singles. Blah Blah Blah. It's not even about the music. I can't see why the Dixie Chicks should be given an award for "Album of the Year" when they don't write their lyrics, don't write the music, and don't play instruments..... I think the one chick plays everynow and then..... but still... Take away the people that write their songs and they're just another church choir standout. THAT'S what's wrong with music. I understand that there aren't a whole lot of country singers that write their own songs... There should be a different category for albums that are collections of a bunch of different songwriters. You can't compare an album written by 50 people to an album written by 1 or 2 people.

The Dixie Chicks??? Come on..... please.