View post (finish repairs)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/25/2007 11:30 am
I am not sure where to put this thread.

I dropped my Prs! I dont know what to do...I was putting it back into it's stand, and I must have placed it wrrong (its a Hercules stand) and it fell through the neck grip and landed on the floor.

There is a small chip in the paint just near the strap pin on the bottom...its not visible from the front. I dont know what to do. It is a vintage yellow finish, with a wine red back, and only the wine red part is damaged. I have the chip of paint, and if I place that onto the wound, it just looks like a small dent. I dont know what to do.

Can I get just a small section (1 cm x 1 cm) refinished? or do I need to do the whole guitar? Or just the back? if this is particularly costly (as I imagine it would be to do the entire guitar or even just the back, should I take the guitar in anyway? perhaps I need to seal the chip so as to prevent anymore chunks from being taken out?

please anyone who knows these answers, help me out. I know these things happen, so I imagine most of you will be able to help me.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]