View post (Guitar..Of course, But What Else?)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
02/24/2007 7:36 am
I think there was a thread about this before...
Anyhow, I play trumpet and drums.
But, that is not much to brague about...I think any gitarist a little further down the road can play almost any fretted instrument.Myself, I play mandolin
and a tone of Croatian folk instrumenst who are all fretted.Hey, did you know that Leo Fender came up with a design of a stratocaster after seeing a Croatian band with their folk instruments?Tabmure, that"s what it is called.The instruments.Hehehehe.It is on a fender site, check it out.Hehe.
Now, that is something to be proud of...also, the neck tie and pen comes from Croatia.Hehe.Nyhowz, back to the topic.Any good guitarist can play fretted insturments of all sort...Took me two days to learn bugarija, that is a sort of folk instrument that tunes in D.No biggie.Also, since I play a trumpet, transition to trombone or tenor would be no problem.Pretty much all winded instruments that are mettal (can"t explain it better, don"t know the english word for the thing you press on your lips when playing a trumpet) are just slightly different.Same goes for wooden wind instruments.A good clarinetist would play a sax in a breeze.Vice versa is a bit harder, but it can be achieved in a short period of time.I think all of you guys that play wind instruments will second me.
So, playing an instrument somewhat similar to the one you are already good at is not such a great achievement.At least I think so.
Never tried to play banjo, though.I was wondering about that.I have seen one in the music shop, but haven"t had the time to try it.I noticed that it has four strings all the way through the lenght of neck, and one that goes just about 3/4 of neck and tune there.Why is that??

P.S. Decided not to go to Irak...My girl stopped me...Maybe I will curse her for it, but...Staying.