Guitar Hero Problems

Blues_Man
Blues_Man
02/22/2007 4:05 am
I'm not sure if anyone else has come acrossed this, but at my school I AM SICK of annoying people who think they can play guitar because they can play guitar hero! It is the dumbest thing i've ever heard! All of them are like,

" OMFG! Likez dude I Iz likez awesome, and stuff! Playing guitar cant be much harder, I'd be the next hendrix! OMFGA!!".....

They push a few buttons, and suddenly they think they can play guitar... Any body else heard anything like this.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
polansky
polansky
02/22/2007 4:19 am
same thing over almost anything you can do on a videogame, I have a friend that asumed he coud drive a Gokart cause he plays MarioKart... he almost kill himself and other guy in the track.

I would love to see some Guitar Hero player do a greenday song all the way (and greenday is just powerchords), imagine something more complex... :D
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
02/22/2007 4:19 am
Sure enough.

I bought the first one when it came out.... Played it to death. Then it suddenly got popular and haven't played it much since... This guy I know that doesn't play guitar was bragging about how good he was at it so I played him and smoked him...

One thing is for certain I bet guitar sales have spiked slightly from kids that get that mind set... It does introduce people to the guitar in a different way which is good I suppose... But yeah, high schoolers talking crap to me about guitar is just ridiculous. Normally when someone starts talking crap when we're playing that game I get out my real guitar and play along to the song they're playing...... Then I say a mandatory "What?" at the end of the song and hold my hands out to the side...
# 3
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/22/2007 4:33 am
Its a good time. Nothing like actually playing but fun. If I ever heard anyone say that, I'd invite them over to try their hand at actually playing...
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 4
ren
ren
02/22/2007 9:13 am
I think my friends get more laughs from the fact that I can (arguably) play a guitar.... but I can't play guitar hero...

Seriously, I'm worse than pathetic at it.... :o

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
02/22/2007 2:08 pm
Well I got to be honest ... :o .... I bought the game, 1 and 2 and that is a huge part of the reason im here today. I tried back in highschool to learn but got discouraged. I played guitar hero and thought ... wow... I want to learn the real thing. Well It has grown from there. Its imbarising for the fact im 31 years old...lol... and realy loved that game. Funny thing is I havent even turned on my ps2 in over 2 months. I'm glad they came out with game.... if I didnt get a chance to play it I would be missing out on one of the most satisfying and frustrating endever I have ever picked up. God knows its a world of difference between the game and the real thing.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 6
Fret spider
Fret spider
02/22/2007 2:12 pm
Originally Posted by: renI think my friends get more laughs from the fact that I can (arguably) play a guitar.... but I can't play guitar hero...

lol i was the same i assumed i would own, then i didnt at all. maybe u could re calibrate the game its in the menu it makes sure the notes come up at the right time.

i have got better after practice. almost finnished 2 in expert just got Jordan by Buckethead to do. that is a hard song. but yeh the person who is best in my house plays piano. to be fair he is like a musical genius, perfect pitch and all that.

to me its fun but not in the same league as real guitar. i guess it helps with rythm and stuff but not much more.
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
02/22/2007 5:39 pm
Originally Posted by: renI think my friends get more laughs from the fact that I can (arguably) play a guitar.... but I can't play guitar hero...

Better that way than the other way around.

As for blues man, bring in your guitar to school (before spring break starts would be the best time sime teachers won't be doing much) and if they start that crap, hand it to them. :)
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
02/22/2007 7:43 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraWhat a find sad is all the videos on youtube of people getting a high score or whatever, and all the people that comment saying they can do it better...

I got into an argument with someone a few weeks ago about that. I said why waste time trying to get good at that when you can try and play the real thing.They told me why I would waste time playing any other game, so I said blowing peoples heads off isn't the same as playing fake guitar.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.