Ac/dc?

guitarrock24
guitarrock24
02/21/2007 6:59 pm
I hear that AC/DC is coming out with 1 more album and then going on one more world tour. I don't know if it's true, hopefully it isn't. What do you guys think.
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/21/2007 7:57 pm
All good things must come to an end my friend...AC/DC was the first non-rap music I ever listened to before converting entirely over to...well, "music." The Bon Scott era was prime. Every album Bon was involved in was amazing. Every song was great. Simple, yet great. I can't say the same about Brian Johnson. Things just started to get redundant. Still love em none the less.

Angus sure can still entertain a crowd though.

Long live AC/DC.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/21/2007 9:16 pm
If the Stones can still record and tour, then AC/DC ought to be able to as well!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/21/2007 10:07 pm
yeah, i've heard about this as well.

I bet they can still rock live.
donno about a new CD though. I doubt that would be as good.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/22/2007 4:48 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91yeah, i've heard about this as well.

I bet they can still rock live.
donno about a new CD though. I doubt that would be as good.

Agreed on both points. Stiff Upper Lip was disappointing imo.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 5
UmphreyMcGuitar
UmphreyMcGuitar
02/25/2007 4:52 pm
I play more ac/dc tunes on my guitar than any other band they just have the coolest riffs and not to mention they rock and I would really like to go see them if they do go around again but as for a new album I think that would suck but thats just me........they dont need another album they have done more than enough already.................for those about to rock ...I salute you
# 6
iceandhotwax
iceandhotwax
02/27/2007 12:30 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintAll good things must come to an end my friend...AC/DC was the first non-rap music I ever listened to before converting entirely over to...well, "music." The Bon Scott era was prime. Every album Bon was involved in was amazing. Every song was great. Simple, yet great. I can't say the same about Brian Johnson. Things just started to get redundant. Still love em none the less.

Angus sure can still entertain a crowd though.

Long live AC/DC.

true , but back in black was a treasure, or is
# 7
Fabinus
Fabinus
02/27/2007 1:19 pm
I wonder if Angus still returns in shool clothes :p
# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/27/2007 4:29 pm
I saw them perform live about 6-7 years ago in Memphis, and to this day, it is still the best concert I've ever been to! Angus is a mad man! I would rather hear a new album from them than most of the stuff that's out today :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9
strat-man
strat-man
02/27/2007 7:46 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya I would rather hear a new album from them than most of the stuff that's out today :rolleyes:

Amen to that! the Uk Chart is currently awash with some pretty lame 'indie' bands and novelty acts, there's a distinct lack of real rock bands around at the moment :rolleyes: I'll definately go and see AC/DC if they come to the Uk.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 10
aschleman
aschleman
02/27/2007 8:30 pm
I probably would't go see them... but it would be cool if they came out with another album. As long as they stick to what they're good at and don't try anything too far outside that... I wouldn't want to see another great rock act get a tarnished reputation just because they thought they could reach another demographic.... ala Metallica...

All in all though, AC/DC is kind of like Aerosmith with me... I hear their songs allllllllll the time either on classic rock radio or on TV and movies it just ruins it for me. I can't sit and listen to AC/DC... just like I can't sit and listen to Aerosmith... Yeah, it's GREAT classic rock and it deserves to be held in the highest regards... But if there's such a thing as Pop Classic Rock... AC/DC, Aerosmith, and some of Led Zeppelins stuff would all be in that category. Can't walk through a mall without seeing some poser wearing a Led Zeppelin or AC/DC shirt.
# 11
dvenetian
dvenetian
02/28/2007 11:04 am
what I like is that there are 2 AC/DC's. The old school style with Bon Scott, which was mainly underground at the time and then after the most tragic circumstance that could happen to any band, they re-group with a different sound. Let's face it, not very many bands can just throw in a new frontman and take it to their level of success with so many fans loving both styles.
Angus rippppppps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorites is his solo in "Highway to Hell" hand's down. His timing is incredible. I want to hear something new just to see what he pulls out of his huge bag of awesome riffs. I'm sure that no one will be disappointed from that Veteran, He's probably better now than ever!!!!!!!!!!
# 12
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/28/2007 12:40 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI probably would't go see them... but it would be cool if they came out with another album. As long as they stick to what they're good at and don't try anything too far outside that... I wouldn't want to see another great rock act get a tarnished reputation just because they thought they could reach another demographic.... ala Metallica...

All in all though, AC/DC is kind of like Aerosmith with me... I hear their songs allllllllll the time either on classic rock radio or on TV and movies it just ruins it for me. I can't sit and listen to AC/DC... just like I can't sit and listen to Aerosmith... Yeah, it's GREAT classic rock and it deserves to be held in the highest regards... But if there's such a thing as Pop Classic Rock... AC/DC, Aerosmith, and some of Led Zeppelins stuff would all be in that category. Can't walk through a mall without seeing some poser wearing a Led Zeppelin or AC/DC shirt.

You make a good point about POP Rock. (Isn't that what killed Mikey from the Life cereal commerical...Coke and Pop Rock? No, wait a second. That's an urban legend!) A lot of the stuff that passed for Rock and Roll in the Eighties falls into that category IMHO. Pat Benatar...The Cars...even the mid to later Police. But yes, definetly Aerosmith, some Zep, some Skynyrd...heck, even The Doors (and I am sure that comment would make Morrison spin in his grave like a chicken on a rotisserie if he were really dead. No wait, that's another urban legend.) Not to say that it's not good and in some cases tremendous music, but once it's over-saturated in the market, it stops being edgey or innovative and just becomes background MUSAK.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 13
aschleman
aschleman
03/02/2007 1:26 pm
Yeah, I'm glad you understood what I was saying. Now that I read back through my post I realize that I could have left it out there that I think AC/DC and those other bands mentioned were Pop Rock acts... and they weren't. It's just that over time they've become that through the use of their songs on television and such. I suppose that's a sign of a good band.... but as a listener of their music, I'd rather not hear it all the time on commercials... and all that.
# 14
guitarrock24
guitarrock24
03/02/2007 6:41 pm
Here is whats bothering me. During the Bon years, it looked like they just wanted to have fun. But with Brian, I noticed that they seem a little bit more seriuos. I wanted to know if any of you guys noticed too. My reference is Family Jewels. I am really excited for them to come out witht his album cause I've never been to one of their concerts and they are my favorite bands.
# 15
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/05/2007 11:40 am
Originally Posted by: guitarrock24Here is whats bothering me. During the Bon years, it looked like they just wanted to have fun. But with Brian, I noticed that they seem a little bit more seriuos. I wanted to know if any of you guys noticed too. My reference is Family Jewels. I am really excited for them to come out witht his album cause I've never been to one of their concerts and they are my favorite bands.

Go see them. They Kick Royal Ass!!!!!!! You will never forget it.
# 16
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/06/2007 3:33 pm
I saw them 4 times and loved each one. Money well spent! :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 17
guitarrock24
guitarrock24
03/09/2007 6:40 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60You make a good point about POP Rock. (Isn't that what killed Mikey from the Life cereal commerical...Coke and Pop Rock? No, wait a second. That's an urban legend!) A lot of the stuff that passed for Rock and Roll in the Eighties falls into that category IMHO. Pat Benatar...The Cars...even the mid to later Police. But yes, definetly Aerosmith, some Zep, some Skynyrd...heck, even The Doors (and I am sure that comment would make Morrison spin in his grave like a chicken on a rotisserie if he were really dead. No wait, that's another urban legend.) Not to say that it's not good and in some cases tremendous music, but once it's over-saturated in the market, it stops being edgey or innovative and just becomes background MUSAK.

First of all, pop and rock ae to different kinds of music genres, just in cases some of you are dumb enough not to figure this out on your own. Pop is like N'Synk and the Backstreet Boys. AC/Dc is definetly not like them, they are hard rock and thats it
# 18
aschleman
aschleman
03/09/2007 6:55 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarrock24First of all, pop and rock ae to different kinds of music genres, just in cases some of you are dumb enough not to figure this out on your own. Pop is like N'Synk and the Backstreet Boys. AC/Dc is definetly not like them, they are hard rock and thats it

The creation of "pop" music was to describe music that was popular on the radio...

Yes, AC/DC is Classic rock... But they get exposure and are used the same way through advertisement and oversaturation of the market the same way that pop acts are.

Pop can be a wide range of things not just boy bands. By definition Fall Out Boy, Hinder, Three Doors Down, Nickleback, and tons of other self proclaimed rock bands are considered "Pop" because their songs do well on the radio... I guess what I'm saying is that genres are a very vague description of music and often can be argued countless numbers of ways. I would personally call AC/DC pop-rock... because a lot of their songs do well on rock radio because they're pretty basic rock tunes...
# 19
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
03/09/2007 9:32 pm
Just a little tip about the name of this thread, "Ac/dc?". Never Put a question mark after ac/dc. Here is the proper way to phrase it.

Example: AC/DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.