View post (New Speaker)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
02/20/2007 7:36 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to check something. May seem like a dumb question.

I just bought a new speaker to replace the one I got. Alright first thing is that the place solder the wires to is on the "bottom" as in the words on the back are upside down when its in there. I am sure this doesn't matter but I have to concede to the fact that I don't know **** and that it could possibly matter. But I am almost sure it doesn't.

Anyway, second is about breaking it in. I just play loud for a couple of hours or what? is it a real sensitive time for the speaker or anything, Or should I just turn it up and play. I can do it in more than one sitting right? Also I live in a dorm room so... how loud am I gonna need to make it.

It's an 50 watt tube through a Eminence wizard. Am i gonna need to find some place on jam on it for a while. I may have never even broken in my old speaker considering the highest I have evr gotten the volume is 8 and that was for two seconds before I turned it down to a six to save my ears. I am really looking forward to turning this baby up though.

Is there a BIG difference in the sound after you break it in or is it one of those nit picky tone freak type things. I care about tone but sometimes I think people are just making **** up when they complain about tones, like its all in their head. But I am assuming that there is going to be a very noticable difference but since this is obviously my first time doing this I just don;t know what to expect I guess.