View post (Britney shaves her head)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/17/2007 11:09 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckFirst of all, I don't see how being bald makes you look like a freak.

Secondly, it's amazing the extent to which you can express yourself with your looks. Like my crazy hair, for example. I don't know if I'd call it 'expressing myself,' exactly, but it makes me feel different from everyone else, and therefore cool. It's the same thing with jeans. If I'm in a large crowd and I'm not wearing ripped jeans, I get really uncomfortable. I can't explain why, I just do.

I shave my head but then again, I'm a 46 year old man. And if I didn't shave it, I would have the dreaded 'toilet seat' of hair. Or like a great comedian once said "you look like a fringe lamp in your grandmothers parlor..." But there is nothing wrong with expressing yourself. Heck, Sinead O'Connor did it and it worked for her. Kirstie Alley did it in the first Star Trek movie and it looked okay. What's her name in V for Vendetta. Again, looked good.

But if you listen to the story, this has nothing to do with self-expression. She's lost her mind. Clearly.

And Schmange, thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]