Suspended Animation

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/16/2007 6:30 am
Anybody else own this great album by Petrucci? I can't stop listening to it. Ever since I bought Live in Tokyo, I've been hooked. "Damage Control" is absolutely brilliant. "Wishful Thinking" is also one of my favorites.

Good stuff. If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/16/2007 7:10 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraSuspended Animation is just awesome.

He should do more solo stuff.

Agreed. :D
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
polansky
polansky
02/18/2007 4:53 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintAnybody else own this great album by Petrucci? I can't stop listening to it. Ever since I bought Live in Tokyo, I've been hooked. "Damage Control" is absolutely brilliant. "Wishful Thinking" is also one of my favorites.

Good stuff. If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it.

It happened the same to me :eek:

Begun with the tokio G3 and then I suddenly wanted the suspended animation so bad, now I have it I enjoy it so much, and yes Wishfull thinking is a killer track, but to my personal taste Lost without you is way better.

Hey Grizz, don't you like the G3 version more than the studio ones, I love the record but the overall felling and tone on the live one it's just insane.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/19/2007 3:05 am
Petrucci is your god.

>CLICK HERE<
I beg you to click this link. I promise you'll laugh.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/19/2007 3:32 am
I'm a firm believer in live tones are better. Just more real. Studio tones are so processed. I want you to take for example, Satch's Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing. That song is so much more intense live its scary. Petrucci's "Damage Plan" is intense live also. That beefy distortion is awesome.

So yeah. Live tones all the way.
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/19/2007 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI'm a firm believer in live tones are better. Just more real. Studio tones are so processed. I want you to take for example, Satch's Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing. That song is so much more intense live its scary. Petrucci's "Damage Plan" is intense live also. That beefy distortion is awesome.

So yeah. Live tones all the way.

Agreed. Satch live>>>>>>>>>>>>Satch studio. 1000X more intense.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 6
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/19/2007 10:44 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyPetrucci is your god.

>CLICK HERE<

That was hilarious dude. Petrucci really is friggin amazing though.
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/20/2007 12:54 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraHaving said that, I've never really been a fan of Petrucci's tone, studio or live.

:eek: :confused: . Really. Just out of curiosity, why?

METOOB
# 8
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/20/2007 1:04 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraHaving said that, I've never really been a fan of Petrucci's tone, studio or live.

BLASPHEMY!!!

....I've actually never been all that fond of Vai's tone, so you'l probably say the same to me.
# 9
polansky
polansky
02/20/2007 5:37 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyPetrucci is your god.

>CLICK HERE<

I didn't knew mesas where made by gandhi... :eek: awesome.

Pretty cool clip bro...
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 10
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/20/2007 6:40 am
Originally Posted by: polanskyI didn't knew mesas where made by gandhi... :eek: awesome.

Pretty cool clip bro...

Well, if you wanna get technical....they're made by Chuck Norris who gives them to Gandhi.
# 11
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/21/2007 6:32 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraIt just sounds too loose for me, no clarity.

I watched Live in Tokyo last night and I could see your point. Its like hes got his mids totally scooped. A tone I'm not too crazy about....Gotta have that mid punch to it.
# 12
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/26/2007 11:24 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI watched Live in Tokyo last night and I could see your point. Its like hes got his mids totally scooped. A tone I'm not too crazy about....Gotta have that mid punch to it.

Actually, the pickups on the EBMM are quite mid rangy. The live tone also has to be mixed to interact with less than sparse drums and keys.
I think he should start using the machine that controls the temperature of the sun more often :D.

METOOB
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.