Oziel Zinho's Isabella

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/15/2007 4:57 am
Hey guys, I know a while back links were going around for this Brazilian wiz-kid's website and we were all heartily impressed. I managed to save some of the videos from back then, and recently rediscovered them whilst pissing around in the ridiculous number of subfolders on my hard drive.

I came across one of Oziel's songs named Isabella that he wrote for his girlfriend or whatever. It's a great tune and I can't get a certain part of it out of my head. It's at the 1:32 mark of the following link. He goes from a clean tone, to more of an overdriven sound. It tugs at my heart strings each time I hear it. It's pure as the driven snow.

Does it sound to you guys like he did more than just stomp on a distortion pedal? How does he manage a tone that is clean, yet overdriven with sustain like he has?

Here's the link:
Youtube video for Oziel Zinho's Isabella
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
ren
ren
02/15/2007 10:04 am
I think he's probably switching channels on his amp, and adding a little delay and OD... My lead tone sounds similar with a tube screamer into the lead channel on my amp, with the gain at about 3...

The faces he pulls in the video made me want to smack him in the face... not a bad tune though... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/15/2007 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: renI think he's probably switching channels on his amp, and adding a little delay and OD... My lead tone sounds similar with a tube screamer into the lead channel on my amp, with the gain at about 3...

The faces he pulls in the video made me want to smack him in the face... not a bad tune though... :D

Hehe, the faces kinda add character I think. Vai does it alot too, it used to always piss my roommates off when I'd make them watch his DVD's.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
ren
ren
02/15/2007 3:07 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggVai does it alot too...

yeah, and it's the one thing I hate about him... you can get away with the odd guitar face now and again... but not like that guy does it....

If Steve Vai wasn't Steve Vai, he'd get laughed at more...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/15/2007 4:25 pm
Originally Posted by: renyeah, and it's the one thing I hate about him... you can get away with the odd guitar face now and again... but not like that guy does it....

If Steve Vai wasn't Steve Vai, he'd get laughed at more...

I agree. Copious amounts of talent afford you greater leeway concerning personal eccentricities.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/16/2007 8:42 pm
Hahahahahaha. Someone made a great flash video of the original video!!

I still love that pure overdriven tone.. Here's a link to his effects page. What piece of gear do you think he's using?
My YouTube Profile
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/17/2007 12:35 am
Analogico simulator of amplifiers vintages: Fender®, Marshall® and Mesa Boogie®. It possesss two ways of operation: PRESET, operates as one I modulate of effect with memorias to program the parametros of the effect. PEDAL, operates as the traditional pedals of guitar, each active key or disactivates its corresponding canal. Switcher for drive of the canal of distorcao of its amplifier. System MIDI that allows comunicacao with other pedals of would be MYTHOLOGY, as well as other devices MIDI.
Lam Pre amp: 2 in 1, with a selector key are possible to choose between Distortion or Overdrive, controls of volume, serious, acute and drive, an analogical pedal of strong timbre and ardido, excellent when on sound in such a way in the entrance of amp.
Probably one of these so he can switch between channels.
The V-Amp Pro is a simulator of amplifiers of the Behrigher, reproduces the timbres of the classic amplifiers as also it possesss the effect of reverb, chorus, delay, compressor etc. Excellent for works in studio.
It seems he just uses the V-amp for the effects rather than distortion or overdrive.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/17/2007 2:37 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaProbably one of these so he can switch between channels.
It seems he just uses the V-amp for the effects rather than distortion or overdrive.

'Preciate the translation. Your really are a magicninja!!

My YouTube Profile
# 8
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/17/2007 2:38 am
No magic needed. Yahoo Babel Fish for the win. :D
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.