Son of a....

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/13/2007 7:39 am
So I'm playing my guitar last night, and it just decides to cut out. Open it up today at the input and the solder broke. Well I messed with it a bit, and one of the wires broke off a ways down. Any quick fixes to such a thing?

Next, I have a Squier Strat that at this point may be a better bet to fix, being I don't have a soldering tool. I was restringing a bit back, and a string was stuck on something, so I wrenched on the trem a few times and the trem came out. So I believe now I have 2 springs and the trem to reassemble. Any sites or info on how to reassemble this?

I also have a 12 string with a few busted strings.

3 guitars, none correctly functioning. I can only go so long playing an un-amped electric.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
ren
ren
02/13/2007 9:03 am
For guitar #1 with the broken wire - no shortcut I can think of - if the wire is still long enough you'll need to solder it back on, or maybe replace the wire as well. Soldering irons are pretty cheap, and you'll probably need one again if you're going to do your own repairs.

On the squire with the trem fallen out - it might be easier than you think. Is it still strung at all? Basically, all you've got there is a couple of screws in the front of the body that the bridge slots under, then you just have to hook the springs in at the back - it's more obvious looking at it. slacken all the strings off - hook the bridge edge under the 2 screws in the front, and then see if you can hook up the springs around the back...

I guess the 12 string with the busted strings will be the easiest to talk about, but none of these sound like too much of a nightmare.

Maybe see if you can get hold of a Dan Erlwine book as well - that guy covers pretty much everything... :cool:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/13/2007 10:15 am
Yeah, didn't think there were any shortcuts around these, but was just kinda saying it cuz I seem to be cursed at the moment.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.