Movie that had the most effect on you

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
02/13/2007 6:52 pm
I'd say Requiem for a Dream that movie scared me straight out of using any hard drugs. Also, the directing and score are nearly perfect in my opinion. Best use of split screens (not sure if that's the correct terminology) I've ever seen in a movie.

American Beauty. It's just a brilliant film. That movie made me fall in love with Kevin Spacey and the song "The Seeker."

American Psycho- This movie is hysterical and I think has a very good point to make about todays materialistic society. "I JUST WANT TO FIT IN!" Yeah. Although I think it would have been a funny enough movie if he didn't start killing people.

One Flew Over the ...well shizzle forgot how they spelt coocoo... cucoo... well wahtever.. NEST. What I got out of this movie was that excepted medical use at the time isn't always right (mainly thinking about anti-depressants).

# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/14/2007 12:17 am
Jaws
The only movie that truly put a real fear into me. I was prolly only about 5 or 6 when I watched it for the 1st time at my grandma's house. Seriously, almost as soon as the credits rolled, my Dad comes in and tells me we're going fishing (in the boat). Obviously, I didn't want to go and said so, but ended up going anyway...but I surely kept a watchful eye on the murky water underneath the boat that day and for awhile after. Logically I knew the Gulf of Mexico isn't home to great whites, but the fear was irrational.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/14/2007 12:28 am
Three movies really:

American Beauty
A Clockwork Orange
Very Bad Things

All really profound movies in thier own way.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/14/2007 4:19 am
I thought of another one: That one that Roberto Benigni won the Oscar for. (I'm thinking "Life is Beautiful," but I don't know if that's right.)

That was a great movie. It was funny, sad, and genius, all at once.
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2007 4:26 am
Just realized that there's a movie that probably influenced me more than anything else I've ever seen. Airplane! or any of the old Police Squad movies or TV shows.
There probaby isn't a day that goes by without a line from one of those things going through my head.

"Surely you don't think..." "yes I do.. and stop calling me Shirley"
But he wasn't there. Buddy wasn't there?
And he left her. Andy left her??

"I just wanted to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you."

If you've never seen the original tv shows that the Police Squad movies were based on, you've gotta go get em. They're priceless.
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/14/2007 4:56 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeJust realized that there's a movie that probably influenced me more than anything else I've ever seen. Airplane! or any of the old Police Squad movies or TV shows.
There probaby isn't a day that goes by without a line from one of those things going through my head.

"Surely you don't think..." "yes I do.. and stop calling me Shirley"
But he wasn't there. Buddy wasn't there?
And he left her. Andy left her??

Oh man, heck yes. I'm like that, minimally, but Luke is full-fledged. I'm fairly certain he could recite the whole script of "Airplane!" from memory.
# 6
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/14/2007 1:11 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckOh man, heck yes. I'm like that, minimally, but Luke is full-fledged. I'm fairly certain he could recite the whole script of "Airplane!" from memory.

High five brother. I think my whole family could recite the film. It's so incredibly hilarious.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 7
40ftsmurf
leagalize bluegrass
40ftsmurf
leagalize bluegrass
02/14/2007 3:30 pm
Meatballs was a movie that I went to see at the drive in with Debbie H. I don't believe I have ever actually seen the movie but it became a part of my life that has given me the love of my life then, now, and forever.
Favorite quote.....GET OUT THE BEANS!
# 8
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
02/14/2007 5:37 pm
Originally Posted by: 40ftsmurfMeatballs was a movie that I went to see at the drive in with Debbie H. I don't believe I have ever actually seen the movie but it became a part of my life that has given me the love of my life then, now, and forever.

Man I so thought that was going to be "this is the movie I lost my virgnity to" story. Way to ruin my day! :mad:

# 9
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/14/2007 10:56 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyHigh five brother...

Wow...and he can speak jive too!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.