View post (Ok, so I'm starting another story... this time it's a little different)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/11/2007 10:39 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThat's a pretty similar idea, Nick. Actually, though, I think that "if you believe in it, it exists" won't be in my story. But I'd rather focus on something about believing in beauty that will never exist, that can never exist, but believing because we must believe. I'm not sure how I'll be able to do this in something other than novel form, but I'd prefer to keep this a short story... We'll be looking into the speaker's life later on, and we'll see the effects his experience has had on him psychologically. I'm looking forward to writing something a little easier to understand. I'm also looking forward to hearing what acapella and earthman think of it.

You're right. Tough idea to sell in a short piece. Not impossible but tough. So... write the novel. C'mon, it's not like you're doing anything else, right? :D Just kidding. A novel is a major time committment and with college and all, that's an awful lot to put on your plate.

I really like the idea of believing because we 'must' believe. How very Nietzsche of you hehe...And here I thought you were more a fan of the Irish Modernists and here you are going down the path of those merry German "existentialist" philosophers (I'm just kidding, you know that...) I like the start and I am looking forward to seeing more.

Oh yeah, what happened with 'Thomas'? Did you send him out? Your fans eagerly await news.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]