View post (Ok, so I'm starting another story... this time it's a little different)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/11/2007 1:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI watched.

God help me, I watched in silence, with the dumb, lazy interest of a child sprawling across my infant face. I was barely two; all I knew then was that mommy didn't wake up. I didn't know what they'd done. Couldn't see his horrid, twisting grin as they held her down. Violent shadows and muffled screams--in the doorway stands a stupidstaring toddler, a blanket in his hands, his head cocked to one side, mouth open just a crack. The impotence of children is disgusting.

I've been told since that it's a crime of power, not lust. A crime of power. A crime of weak and spineless men smokeslipping through the cracked first-floor windows in the middle of the night, their faces masked.

Interesting, interesting...nice and dark. That's a fun mood to work in. Looking forward to seeing more as you continue (like always). In your second post, that conversation you heard reminds me of a story I wrote years ago called 'Magic and Dragons.' The basic nut of the story was that a man who doesn't believe that true love exists once had a woman explain to him that 'Love is a lot like magic and dragons...if you believe in it, it exists. If you don't, you'd never recognize it if you ever saw it." Some good lines but the story was weak, I ended up abandoning it after about the third re-write.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]