best gig followed by worst gig

quickfingers
quickfingers
02/10/2007 8:26 am
hah, wow.... i had quite a night. two shows, the same night...almost back to back with different bands. the first one was spot-on, and by the time 11:30 rolled around for hte show with my jamband, i was sooo wiped....i serioulsy played terribly. i feigned drunkeness, but i couldnt have drank a 5th of jager and played this badly. wow. hahaha. its so ironic its comical.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/10/2007 8:11 pm
Damn... at least the first show went well. Next time a show goes well, fulfil the time-honoured tradition and have a drink or two. And if you've got a show afterwards... who knows? You might be like Eddie Van Halen and play great when you've had a bit :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
02/10/2007 10:29 pm
hahaha. yea, to no avail. i can play while moderately drunk, thats not really a problem...at least as far as jamming is concerned. but yea...it was just a shame because my fingers where in such terrible shape, just didnt want to do ANYTHING interesting or cool. haha, it was fun though. most people there had seen me kill it before so they werent bummed out at my terrible performance. the first few songs we did wehre rad, including our "war pigs" cover, which we totally reggae'd out, but still kept the heaviness of that verse riff...with some intense metal riffage. but other than that....wow, what a ****ty show. hah.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.