Football (again)

Krunek
Krunek
02/07/2007 5:08 am
Hi fellas.An girls, of course.It is football time again.Hehe.Going up against Norway tonight.It is only a friendly game, but it should be a nice one to watch and a good indicator of games following in the european championship qualifications.Can"t wait.After a nervous brake down our guys gave me with handball(darn, was I mad!!!!)I need something to recover.Hope this will be it.
Although, more than half of our standard players canceled this one, for one reason or other.Injuries, mostly.Ah, this life is tough...So, what is up with rest of you guys?Who"s England playing against?You need some wins to boost up the morale...Right, Akira? :p ;)
# 1
ren
ren
02/07/2007 9:13 am
We English have no morale when it comes to football... All of us know in our hearts that even if we win a few games, we never win the important ones...

Tonight we've got a friendly against Spain. We usually do OK against them, but I'm expecting a draw... The manager is messing with the team again - we have a couple of attackinig players out through injury, but a different guy in goal - so we'll see how that turns out....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/07/2007 9:22 am
ah england vs spain...i foresee a draw...i havent been keeping in touch with football much lately...less so in international football...england had let me down many times before..so i wont be surprised if they lose..i dont think they can ask for anything more than a draw...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 3
Krunek
Krunek
02/07/2007 9:45 am
Originally Posted by: rena different guy in goal - so we'll see how that turns out....

That should be an advantage for you... ;) Anyhow, since I don"t know any spain people, and you are about the only englishen I know, good luck.I am rooting for England...But you may be a little too optimistic when you say draw...
# 4
ren
ren
02/07/2007 10:01 am
Maybe... as far as I can tell, it's a lottery. We'll beat Argentina, then get beat by Northern Ireland... It doesn't make any sense.

I'll watch, but the outcome is largely irrelevant. Hopefully a couple of the new guys will turn out well and help us out for the next euro qualifier....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
Krunek
Krunek
02/09/2007 5:40 am
Soooooo...England lost...again, that is. :p Croatia won against Norway, 2:1.
And they should consider themelves extremly lucky.I won"t blow my own horn any more, cause it usually ends up with a disaster, but we are good...next match is agains Macedonia, I think.If we win that one, we have assured ourselves a trip to European championship...
Now for the english people... what the heck is wrong with you?I mean, a year ago, you were the fear of all adversers (is this written right?It isn"t, ha?)
Now...hmmmm...bad, bad...Change the selector.Although, in your defense, Spain is rather strong...
# 6
ren
ren
02/09/2007 10:27 am
yeah.... we suck.... :o

Congrats to Croatia - Norway are a pretty decent team - I didn't see the game, but good on you guys.

We haven't lost to spain for years - in spite of our crapness, I did think we'd draw. Ah well... at least if we don't make it to the euros it'll save the depression when we get knocked out anyway!

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.