View post (A Revelation)

View thread

ren
ren
02/06/2007 10:01 am
I find it hard to believe that anyone puts music out that doesn't at least stir emotion in them. I feel like there aren't words to say what I'm thinking/feeling and music is the only way. Pop Idol ballpark a notable exception - some people want fame and fortune, but that's nothing to do with the music itself. Not to say I wouldn't like fame and fortune, but I'll settle for notoriety and covering the bills.

I play fast stuff mostly, but I still think it conveys emotion - just the listeners ears need to be a little tuned to it. There is underlying melody even if it's at 1000 notes a minute.

On the drink and drugs... I haven't had a drink now in about 9 years - I used to get so ill (without really drinking much - maybe allergic?). I smoke weed now and again - I do find it makes me more creative/unorthodox in approach, but it nails my motor skills, so I can't actually play what I hear in my head. I've ended up having to hum it and try in the morning... ;)

What's good for one person may be the ruin of another... as long as whatever you do you keep in reasonable limits, you'll probably survive it...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com