"Evil undertakings that sap a group's strength?"

Joseph
Joseph
09/23/2001 1:48 am
Pearl Jam guitarist turns over solo leaf, Which should be pretty interesting.

How do you feel abut solo projects from some of the most promising bands around? Do you view solo projects as evil undertakings that sap a group's strength, or vise versa? And feel free to mention some of your favorite solo projects over the past few years.

I like what Jerry Cantrel has done over the past few years, although AIC has been on hiatus for quite sometime, Cantrel definitely proves that his will to create music goes beyond his efforts with that band. He has released two strong records, two records that definitely showcase what this man is capable of. Regardless on how Chris Cornell's solo record was received by the public, I think it has a refreshing sound. This guy has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is one of the greatest singers of all time, he can sing in just about any style.

I know a lot of you guys are curious as to what Zack Dela Rocha and Billy Corgan might be up to over the next few years. Will they form another band, or will they try their time with solo records. I think that when a musician has enough confidence to break away from the band, it really shows that they aren't just one dimensional. It proves that they can stand on their own two feet, and that should be something that really insteasts a lot of people around the world.

Although we fear that it may be the end of some of our favorite bands, there are so many musicians today who have different ideas that don't necessarily go with how other's think. They should be given the chance to try something unique.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
10/10/2001 10:23 pm
At least, something I've been curious about...

I'm surprised this one didn't get any replies, especially since I was extra EvIl! :mad: Nah, I'm just a puppie dog, :).

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
10/10/2001 10:28 pm
Alright Ill take pity on you.

If they want to go solo to pursue a different type of music then I dont reckon it takes away but if its a Guns N Roses situation where Slash formed Snakepit who would have alot of the same fanbase then its bownd to effect the band and it did.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/11/2001 10:07 pm
The way i see it, if it wasn't for solo project musicians could only really chose between forming another band (not a good idea in some cases, axle rose par exemple), or being wash ups (a good thing in some cases, eg Axle Rose)... Rage split nearly a year ago, and i'm still to hear anything from Zack's solo career!!
Oh well...
# 4
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
10/11/2001 10:30 pm
Axl Rose even.

GnR are back. Theyre new album should be out in the next few years if were lucky.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 5
deadfish
deadfish
10/14/2001 11:18 am
Yes, i must say solo projects are oh so very evil

music plain and simply rocks, life without music is no life at all. The thing that irritates me, is that those who don't think like that, are famous ones, ones starting seperate projects because they are not fulfilled enough with just 1 project

So in that little thingo, solo projects are undertaken by the evil kind.. i had great ideas for this post before i wrote it, but i ate food and forgot, i remember it having to do with eddie van halen, but yeah, oh well

I got more mindless dribble but it all sorta revolves around me having a sook about not being able to get rich and famous because of more competition or something like that
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.