View post (Opinions Wanted)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/15/2007 5:48 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintSchmange, that would be awesome if you did that for me. I'll get a file ready for you if you're still willing.

My recording techniques are terrible. I'm quite aware of that. All I use is a crap mic and Cool Edit Pro. And for some reason my mic isn't picking up well lately...not sure whats wrong with. I've gotta get a new one. So I'm in total agreement with the tone.

Sorry I never answered ya, but this thread stopped being sent to my email so I thought it had ended.
Yep, I got no problem doing a mastering job here.
All I need is an aiff or .wav file. It'll be big (like 50MB +) so you'll need to find a way to send it to me cause it's too large for email. Either your own server or one of the posting services on the web like tradebit.com

And yup, aiff is generally known as the Mac format and Wav is Windows.
They're pretty interchangeable though.

What you usually do in audio software once you've recorded all your tracks is export the entire thing as an aiff or wav file. For best compatibility you'll want 16 or 24 bit. (24 is a larger file but better sound).
Ideally, we use a 24 bit stereo aiff file to do mastering with but if you send a wav file we just convert it.