A/B Pedals

strat-man
strat-man
02/03/2007 10:22 pm
So whats the deal with these guys? i wanna straight forward passive, no noise, no tone suckin, no volume alterin, no switch poppin, plug n play a/b pedal! i was gonna buy one, nooooooo, crap reviews for pretty much all the major manufacturers! 'suck tone' 'too noisy' 'volume drop off between a&b' etc wtf! I KNOW, i'll build one! yeah that'll work, one box, one switch, three jacks and some wire, that'll do it, nooooooo 'sucks ya tone if its true bypass' eh? thought the idea of true bypass was to not suck ya tone? nooooooo 'ya need a buffer to stop ya losin ya highs' oh 'and ya need a box full of electronic wizardry to deal with ya groundin, or some sort of X pattern groundin configuration! 'don't want any unwanted noise sonny!' WHAT! i know i don't want any unwanted noise thats why i'm NOT buyin one full of electronic wizardry! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG :mad: this, guys is a weeks worth of research of a/b pedals on the net, i'm more confused now than when i started, i really don't have time to check out the 1million 60 thousand sites from my google search! i cannot even find a decent straight forward schematic for a decent straight forward pedal to build myself! loop-master in the USA look like they do a good one (excellent reviews on Harmony Central) any of you guys got any recommendations, schematics, ideas for a a/b pedal of the criteria i set out above??

Any help appreciated,
A very weary strat-man :confused:
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/04/2007 5:50 am
I use one of these, scroll down till you get to "switchbone"

http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/Radial_Pedals.html

Not cheap but very good

or there is..

http://www.piedog.com/musical_instruments/guitar/guitar_effects/electric_guitar_effects/boss-ls_2.htm

Don't know how good this one is. Over the years I've had some great kit form Boss however they have also made some real schlock !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
02/06/2007 8:48 pm
Cheers for the info Doc, that switchbone is a great bit of kit but unfortunately a bit out of my pocket, i've been speaking with Brian Price at Loop Master and i'm gonna go with his 'single loop, a/b-y with tuner output' it's just what i need and at 25% of the cost of the switchbone, more power to my pocket :D reviews of his gear on Harmony Central are nearly all 10/10 so i'm gonna give him a try, Thanx again for your input :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.