View post (Guitar Playing Seniors)

View thread

ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
03/22/2007 3:41 pm
For those of us who have had the opportunity to live on both the East and West Coasts, I've noticed the music between the two locations have not completely overlapped and have some congruence as well as some differences. The Northeast still plays Disco, the same as was played in the 70's.

Los Angeles on the other hand, very alternative to include Seattle tunes, such as Grunge. Being in Philly right now, we have the same music being played as was here when I was a child in NY. That was a long time ago.

LA, still has a load of new bands, Rock as well as Alternative and there is a never ending supply of musicians producing new stuff. Does anyone have any idea why, why, do the East and West Coasts produce, play, and sometimes keep new music from being exposed to each other? In particular, LA music from NY? New York, in particular, doesn't play new stuff and is incessant on playing oldies in some format on all radio stations. Gone, however, are the tunes of the 50's and some 60's. They seem to be going away. The other day, I did hear some Booker T and MG's. Although not Rock & Roll, Steve Cropper plays a cool American Strat (I believe), in all solos in all of their songs. It's nice, mean guitar.

HOW DID WE GET ON THIS SUBJECT ANYWAY???
"I've heeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything"