View post (Guitar Playing Seniors)

View thread

ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
03/01/2007 4:40 am
Ok, Ok, time is rather limited on my behalf there Mr. Strings. Perhaps I should look around the forum before speaking. I do realize this now... :eek: But, I do appreciate the reality check...honestly, thanks. :D

Anyway, my guitar, an Ibanez GRG170DX, which I must say is rather nice (all things considerd) is getting converted to DiMarzio humbuckers and the solo pick-up in between. There is a thread concerning this conversion here within the forum and I used it to make the decision to do so. I've heard only good things about those pick-ups both solo and dual mounted and I can't wait to get the guitar back to check things out. ;)

Do anyone of us seasoned players contemplate turning professional? I know there are quite a few players within the forum that play gigs, which is great! I would love to do something like that, but can this reality actually support me whilst I give up my career? Maybe winning the lottery will help me get started at best. Just alittle humor there...

Just out of curiosity, how much do us seasoned players play, hourly per week, or daily for that matter? Was just wondering. Me, well I'm averaging 1.5 hours per day, but most of that is concentrated on the weekend. It's sort of therapy for me...

Take care...
"I've heeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything"