View post (Guitar Playing Seniors)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/12/2007 3:45 pm
Originally Posted by: ClassicRock64I believe this song (HOCUS POCUS) came around right about the time that Southeastern Asian War came to an end, and, right about the time that disco era came marching in designed to take the minds of the servicemen that came home, off those problems as such. I can't seem to forget the yodeling in that song. ;)

Talking about downhill from here Wriggler, you never know what's going to go on here as far as that goes, there may be a pill to take someday to keep us going forever, or at least, live much longer. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope I didn't get too SCI-FI there, and please, I hope that didn't freak anyone out, don't take it so seriously...just in case...

Anyone have any practice ideas for us guys who work, and like I've mentioned in an earlier post, is it possible to develop a training syllabus for us seniors to increase our playability and the quality of our training sessions? So far, the only real problem I may have occaisonally is alittle fatigue, we're not the young bucks we used to be, but if I could only spend some more time resting before playing, perhaps we could make such great strides in song writing etc., does any have any similiar problems?

Hmm. Interesting thought but I would wonder if being a little older than the classic student really is that much different other than the time to devote to practice. I will be interested to see if someone can provide a decent practice set that can help speed development.

Being a little older gives us one advantage to children in that we choose to do this and have a little more of a vested interest in this than the children do. Plus we have a lifetime of exposure to different styles of music to draw from too. On the downside, at least for me, I don't learn quite as fast as I did twenty or thirty years ago.

It's nothing more than a hobby for me but being the classic over-achiever and workaholic, I try to devote a lot of time to this. Weird I know, but I know I'm not alone in this either.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]