View post (Guitar Playing Seniors)

View thread

ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
ClassicRock64
02/12/2007 7:39 am
Originally Posted by: WrigglerUkI'll add my good wishes too... Yeah, I remember that song, haven't listened to it for a long time, I should dig it out. Jan Akkerman was an awesome guitarist, I remember he used to chain smoke while playing & tuck the cig's onto the headstock...

Just as an aside, I turned 50 last month... I don't feel senior, just older! :( all downhill now!

I believe this song (HOCUS POCUS) came around right about the time that Southeastern Asian War came to an end, and, right about the time that disco era came marching in designed to take the minds of the servicemen that came home, off those problems as such. I can't seem to forget the yodeling in that song. ;)

Talking about downhill from here Wriggler, you never know what's going to go on here as far as that goes, there may be a pill to take someday to keep us going forever, or at least, live much longer. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope I didn't get too SCI-FI there, and please, I hope that didn't freak anyone out, don't take it so seriously...just in case...

Anyone have any practice ideas for us guys who work, and like I've mentioned in an earlier post, is it possible to develop a training syllabus for us seniors to increase our playability and the quality of our training sessions? So far, the only real problem I may have occaisonally is alittle fatigue, we're not the young bucks we used to be, but if I could only spend some more time resting before playing, perhaps we could make such great strides in song writing etc., does any have any similiar problems?
"I've heeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything"