View post (Slipknot's new album)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
10/01/2005 5:48 pm
i bought the ablum a few weeks ago because i heard pulse of the maggots and duality. that was enough for me. amazing songs, and incredible guitar playing. for peopel who havent heard it, you cant judge this album from their previous two. its almost like tehy listened to the musicians and metalheads bitching about guitar solos and catchy riffs, and they listened. while they still play in drop A and all that nu metal drab, im in love with this album. it has songs i think alot can relate to, not just mallrat goth kids. while alot of the slipknot fanbase are immature 16 year old hot topic followers, that doesnt mean you should judge the band on their demographic. i mean, van halen plays in sports arenas. thats about as un-metal as ive ever heard.

anywho, to my surprise, the guitarists rip out the chops on a number of songs. theyve even focused some songs around their blazing riffs. while not entirely hard as they are fast, the lead riffs definitely kick ass. i like this album so much becuase its the kindof lead that i like the most; blaitant, mind numbingly fast shred. while i do have a joe satriani album, and i do like it, i dont ever want to hear joe satriani solos. after a while it sounds like elevator music to me. i love these shred licks, they fit perfect and are a perfect addition to completely chaotic riffs.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE