Does anyone know?

strat-man
strat-man
01/29/2007 10:12 pm
Is it possible to get blank stomp box casings? basically i'm about to build a pedal board, i've got 2 amps so i want to build my own a/b switch and also a looper pedal so i can run my effects chain thru both amps, i would make my own casings but i don't have the neccessary tooling so i don't wanna half ass job, :( so just wondered if anyone knew if they're available and if so where? i know 'build your own clone' supply them with their kits, but they don't supply them separately :mad: thanx for any help.

Note to mods: wasn't sure if this should go in gear forum or tech forum, appologies if i got it wrong, feel free to move, thanx.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
01/30/2007 2:38 am
Hard to find... haven't really tracked down an individual supplier but this site shows some different companies that make them and gives you the part number.... along with some other good info.

http://www.geofex.com/effxfaq/bldfx.htm
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
01/30/2007 9:32 pm
Thanx aschleman, i found some casings/enclosures this afternoon at smallbear electronics in the usa, but that link you posted is useful to me, thanx again man :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/31/2007 3:11 pm
yea dude, I've managed to find all of mine at the same shops I've bought the components to make the pedals...most electrical suppliers stock boxes that could be used as pedal casings very easily. Ribbed Cases are especially good for vero-board mounted circuits as you can cut your circuit board to size and then slide the circuit into one of the grooves in the box, making everything nice and tidy and much easier to service
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
strat-man
strat-man
01/31/2007 10:20 pm
Cheers for that Andrew, i'll look into it :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

strat-man rocks with vox
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.