JAMES - HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!!!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
09/21/2001 1:12 pm
Hey man, you give out loads of cool tips n knowledge to people but where did u learn it all? I've been polayin guitar for 9 months and can play most Slash solos n about 5 full GnR songs, plus stuff like Teenage dirtbag, Stairway to Heaven(most of it!!) bits of Aerosmith n Bon Jovi.. BUT!!! I know nothing about Scales n wot key solos are in! Like Sweet Child o mine solo, you said its in E and D, which i believe, but how is it? the solo uses so many notes and bends so how can it be in one key? It uses 12s 14s and 15s on the 1st 2nd and 3rd strings, so is 12--14--15 part of the E scale?!?!!?!? How important is learnin scales? Like Give In To Me slash solo is Em i think? does that mean when slash first made it he had the scale in mind? Im confused!!!
Answering this might take a lot, so a shortcut to a guide would be cool, I looked at the pentatonic help bit but it isnt very clearm, "5 unique notes" but theres like 12 huh??

Later AXL

PS. The tone of this post, if it wasny clear, is admiration for your knowledge, i prolly sounds bitchy tho!!
I wanted a guitar teacher but my mates say u end up playin like them and not your own style!
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
09/21/2001 10:30 pm
Scales have loads of different positions.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
Vertigo
Vertigo
09/25/2001 9:20 am
I can answer the question about the pentatonic scale:

a pentatonic scale doens't have 12 notes, but 5.

this is because they repeat themselves after 5 notes, only they are played 1 octave higher.

i hope you know what an octave is...

ps.

penta = 5
tonic = tone

5 tones
- Vertigo

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.