Is it realy worth it?

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
01/27/2007 3:54 pm
I know this comes off as a silly question but I was seariously concidering joining this site but was wondering if it worth it. I dont mean by price. I'm more talking about the fact I am a semi compleat noob. I can hit the cowboy cords and play a few songs but wonderd if this was in the right direction. I only been playing for a little over a month now and a proud papa of a new electric dean and just want to head in the right direction. Any kind of insight on this would be cool. Oh yea sorry about the poor spelling "hooked on phonics didn't work for me"....lol
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/27/2007 4:13 pm
Originally Posted by: MAVERIC777I know this comes off as a silly question but I was seariously concidering joining this site but was wondering if it worth it. I dont mean by price. I'm more talking about the fact I am a semi compleat noob. I can hit the cowboy cords and play a few songs but wonderd if this was in the right direction. I only been playing for a little over a month now and a proud papa of a new electric dean and just want to head in the right direction. Any kind of insight on this would be cool. Oh yea sorry about the poor spelling "hooked on phonics didn't work for me"....lol

Well, I am certain that the others will give you their opinion, but let me tell you this much. I too am a relative 'noob' to the guitar. I have found this site to be invaluable to me for the following reasons: TONS of material. If you can't find it here, just ask. And the nature of the people on the site. There are many outstanding musicians here and they are all willing to answer any and all questions. Plus they're wonderfully supportive. All styles are welcome here. Doesn't matter what you play, how advanced you are (or not, as is my case) or what kind of guitar you happen to play.

Of course, ultimately, it's up to you if you think this site is right for what you want to learn but like all things, it's hard to gauge something just passing by. Take a look around and see what the others have to say. I'm willing to bet that you'll like it here.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
BluesHound9
BluesHound9
01/27/2007 5:02 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Well, I am certain that the others will give you their opinion, but let me tell you this much. I too am a relative 'noob' to the guitar. I have found this site to be invaluable to me for the following reasons: TONS of material. If you can't find it here, just ask. And the nature of the people on the site. There are many outstanding musicians here and they are all willing to answer any and all questions. Plus they're wonderfully supportive. All styles are welcome here. Doesn't matter what you play, how advanced you are (or not, as is my case) or what kind of guitar you happen to play.

Of course, ultimately, it's up to you if you think this site is right for what you want to learn but like all things, it's hard to gauge something just passing by. Take a look around and see what the others have to say. I'm willing to bet that you'll like it here.

What He Said!
# 3
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
01/27/2007 5:28 pm
Well I just took the plunge. Thanks for the insight.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 4

01/27/2007 7:01 pm
Hi there!

You can start with the beginners section.

http://www.guitartricks.com/guide.php

Also one good place to start learning about the site is with the video tutorial section. You can find it on the main page "Guitar Tricks video user manual!".

Hope you enjoy it here :)
# 5
strat-man
strat-man
01/27/2007 7:36 pm
Welcome bro :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/27/2007 7:43 pm
It's worth it. If not for the lessons, for the company.

Welcome to Guitartricks.
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/27/2007 8:12 pm
The Lessons section is richly populated by great players who have the uncommon ability to show others how to play. Yeah, worth it.

The Forum has developed a community of players who share a common love for guitar, without the kind of flamefests that mar some other boards. You will find it's a lot like dropping in at your local pub to visit with people from all over the globe. And id someone here can't answer your questions, you are sure to get pointed to someone who can.

Enjoy! :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/27/2007 8:54 pm
Welcome to GT man. :cool:

The only questions that go unanswered are ones like this:

My AmP sOuNdS liKE PoOoO, HoW I MakKE i bEtErrR?????
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/27/2007 9:20 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccWelcome to GT man. :cool:

The only questions that go unanswered are ones like this:

My AmP sOuNdS liKE PoOoO, HoW I MakKE i bEtErrR?????

bUy A nEEEwWw AaMmMPPpPP :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 10
parrotheada1a
parrotheada1a
01/27/2007 10:10 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsThe Lessons section is richly populated by great players who have the uncommon ability to show others how to play. Yeah, worth it.

The Forum has developed a community of players who share a common love for guitar, without the kind of flamefests that mar some other boards. You will find it's a lot like dropping in at your local pub to visit with people from all over the globe. And id someone here can't answer your questions, you are sure to get pointed to someone who can.

Enjoy! :)

I'll add something else too. This forum manages to stay on topic much better than say ...Harmony Central. I am a frequent visitor over there, and you really cannot get the same quality content like you have here.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Still learning. One riff at a time. [/FONT]
# 11
halo71
halo71
01/29/2007 2:24 pm
I must say I agree with you on that parrot!!!
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/29/2007 2:32 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60bUy A nEEEwWw AaMmMPPpPP :D

Haha, "first you need to save up $1200, then go buy yourself a Marshall half stack, you will then have awsome tone."
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.