View post (Modes from a different view)

View thread

greyghoast17
greyghoast17
08/11/2011 3:59 am
Ok this may be a question that has been beat to death but it's where I'm at musically. There are 7 basic notes or key's A B C D E F G (not counting sharps or flats). It seems to me that most rock, pop or metal songs are in either a major or a minor key. Taking the lesson available at guitar tricks on modes, which is in A Major and learning the modes in the key of A down the fretboard- Ionian, Dorian, Phyrgian, Lydian, ect...how do I learn and memorize all those different modal finger patterns in all keys both major and minor? is it simply hammering it out and repetition one key at a time like the lesson in A major. At some point does "hearing the sound" of the notes played in a different order over and over, is that the trick. There are so many different finger patterns for each key and mode down the fretboard, Major and Minor. Is it memorization or hearing the sound? this is my obstacle now. If there are any lessons hear at guitar tricks that one suggest's I will check them out. But I do have some saved and bookmarked already. Any suggestions?