View post (I buying a new Electric, needs input please)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/26/2007 8:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Logan826Thanks for all the input,
I ended up buying the Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I like the double humbuckers and for my style right now, the action is great. I played the Squire and the Epiphone just sounded better. Just for ****s and giggles I picked up a $4500 USD Stratacaster and I have to admit that at some point in time in my playing I will by all means be getting a "good" guitar. But for now, I'm pretty happy with this one.
Thanks,
Dan

One of the best things I like about Fender over all (most) other manufacturers is the fact that they have great quality across the board. If someone were to blindfold you and place an American Re-Issue '57 Strat (1,200 USD), a Custom Shop '57 Strat (2,500 USD), and a Mexican 50's Strat (600 USD) in front of you and make you play each one... There probably will be a small chance that you could distinguish them apart from each other. I've played all three of those models first hand and I'm a rabid Fender Strat enthusiast and I was astounded at how small the differences in quality were.... Unlike companies like Gibson, ESP, and Jackson... where their high end models and their low end models are a million miles apart from each other... I think that's why Fender has the most consistant pricing... You can pick a nice one up for less than 800 bucks... and if you want a REAAAALLLY nice one you're not going to spend much more than 1000 USD... And you can get in with a really nice Mexi on the low end for around 400-600 USD as well....

It was a good choice going for what you felt was right for you... Don't ever let anyone try to influence you into buying anything you don't feel comfortable with... In the end it's about what kind of sound you want... You'll get more into that later on though... when you become a gear whore like me and PRS and a few others around here... That's when it gets expensive... haha

Good purchase bro.