Handball

Krunek
Krunek
01/22/2007 5:28 am
Hey.Any of you guys have any interest in this?There is a world championship in Germany...Myself am not such a great fan of handball, but since it is our national selection, I am rooting...As always.We won two games so far, today we are going up against Russia...That will be a sight to see.Russians are not bad, and we have a great team too...
HRVATSKA, HRVATSKA!!!!!!!
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/22/2007 6:17 am
For just watching..probably not so much but I was totally into playing it during high school For some reason, as soon as I hit college, the only thing anybody wanted to play was basketball or football so I stopped playing. I'd get back into it now if I could find other people who played.
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/22/2007 1:47 pm
I played it in highschool every now and then during gym class. I always thought it was fun, kinda like lacross w/o the annoying sticks. Pegging people when the teacher wasn't looking was fun as well.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/23/2007 1:06 am
I feel quite ignorant and uninformed, off to wikipedia.

EDIT: WOW, it suddenly came to me, Handball (also known as team handball, field handball, European handball, or Olympic handball) is a team sport where two teams of seven players each (six players and a goalkeeper) pass and bounce a ball trying to throw it in the goal of the opposing team.

The game is similar to football (soccer), though, as the name implies, the basic method of handling the ball involves the player's hands rather than their feet. It has been played internationally since the first half of the 20th century.

Sounds intriguing
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/23/2007 4:01 am
Like he^^^ said. Its like a cross between basketball and lacross. You have to dribble the ball, you can't "walk" with it. Also, whenever we played in school we could only take 3 or 4 steps (or could only hold the ball for 5 or so secs) before having to pass the ball.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Krunek
Krunek
01/23/2007 5:25 am
O.K. First some bragging (hope it is the right word?).We have beaten Russia
yesterday.32-27.Hehehehe, we are gooooooooooood.By the way, I am sure
95% of you don"t know where Croatia is.Look it up on the map.Central Europe; just north of Italy.You shall see then that we are a rather small country with small population; which makes our sport achievements even greater, especially when playing agains someone as big as Russia.Ah, darn it, what can I say?Us Croats are born to win... :D :D We have placed in the next round as a first in group.Going up against Norway or Denmark, dunno.
That will be a great game to.
As fot he game itself; it is much more similar to basketball than it is to football, like elc saed.Few basic rules; No more than 4 steps with a ball in hands without dribblin, or it is traveling.No going inside the 6 meter diameter of the goalkeeper (always painted with blue or something) or it is a foul.
No too harsh stopping the opposite player (although, if you have seen some handball games, well...pretty close to hokey ;) ), especially when he is in the air, cause it is 2 mins suspension and a foul.The ball musn"t hit a player in the leg or it is given to opposite team.Changes in the game are really frequent;
you even have some players that play only defense and some only offense.
There is this guy in out team that they call Secretary of defense, go figure.
Hehe, a bit more bragging, we also have the best player in the world; Ivano Balić.Penalty shots are shot from 7 meters.2 halftimes; 30 minutes each.That is about it, as far as the basics.Anyone care to find out more, like I saed, there is a world cup going on in Germany.Eurosport covers some games, so; Check it out.
# 6
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/23/2007 8:17 pm
Originally Posted by: KrunekO.K. First some bragging (hope it is the right word?).We have beaten Russia
yesterday.32-27.Hehehehe, we are gooooooooooood.By the way, I am sure
95% of you don"t know where Croatia is.Look it up on the map.Central Europe; just north of Italy.You shall see then that we are a rather small country with small population; which makes our sport achievements even greater, especially when playing agains someone as big as Russia.Ah, darn it, what can I say?Us Croats are born to win... :D :D We have placed in the next round as a first in group.Going up against Norway or Denmark, dunno.
That will be a great game to.
As fot he game itself; it is much more similar to basketball than it is to football, like elc saed.Few basic rules; No more than 4 steps with a ball in hands without dribblin, or it is traveling.No going inside the 6 meter diameter of the goalkeeper (always painted with blue or something) or it is a foul.
No too harsh stopping the opposite player (although, if you have seen some handball games, well...pretty close to hokey ;) ), especially when he is in the air, cause it is 2 mins suspension and a foul.The ball musn"t hit a player in the leg or it is given to opposite team.Changes in the game are really frequent;
you even have some players that play only defense and some only offense.
There is this guy in out team that they call Secretary of defense, go figure.
Hehe, a bit more bragging, we also have the best player in the world; Ivano Balić.Penalty shots are shot from 7 meters.2 halftimes; 30 minutes each.That is about it, as far as the basics.Anyone care to find out more, like I saed, there is a world cup going on in Germany.Eurosport covers some games, so; Check it out.

Nice, I have know where Croatia is thanks to my econ teacher's numerous map quizes.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.