View post (Clinton in '08?)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/21/2007 9:34 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jp...gas prices went down steadily until the election here even though oil prices did not change, on the day of the election they were at $2.25 here....down $.70 in 4 weeks, immediately after the election prices went up ...now they are at $2.80 here, even though oil prices have dropped $25 a barrel....these guys are crooks..war profiteers and traitors to the contitution and our military men and women.

Who exactly are "these guys"? Does Bush wake up in the morning and decide how much he's going to charge us for oil and thus gas? The volatility of much of the energy market is due to speculators and their fear. And the price of crude and the price at the pump aren't necessarily tied. Just one factor, take how many boutique blends the EPA mandates for different regions of the country (which Bush advocated easing these restrictions btw):

But we're getting off topic...Hillary! Uh, no. Does she actually have a platform? I'll assume she wants socialized health care. Yeah, get our government involved in what Dr. I see please, and take all responsibility from me. That's what I don't like about Democrats in general...the entitlements they claim we have a "right" to, and it's the government's job to hand it out to us. It's cool, you don't have to pay...we'll just raise taxes!

But yeah, the Republicans aren't any better. Budget shortfall? Well, it's important, so we'll tack it on the deficit.
If there is any party that makes sense to me, it's the Libertarians, but they're ridiculously unorganized and don't even have candidates to speak of.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]