View post (Ice Storm)

View thread

40ftsmurf
leagalize bluegrass
40ftsmurf
leagalize bluegrass
01/16/2007 4:09 am
Excuse me while I whine a bit.

We've just had one of the worst ice storms in local history here in Southwest Missouri. We haven't had electricity since 4am Friday morning. We are running everything electric from a generator. I had to drive 100 miles to purchase this one. They are out of them every where around here. We have to choose which appliance we want to run. Fridge for a while. TV for a while. Computer for a while. It's supposed to get down to 7 deg F tonight and 3 deg F by tomorrow night. They say it could be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks before we get electricty again. We have a private well and without electricity, we have no water. At least we have heat from the fireplace. Oh well, I guess this is the way the pioneers used to submit a message to a forum on the frontier. The worst part of it is that we can see homes with electricity a mile away. But they say we are on a different grid. just my luck. well......thanks for listening to my pathetic problems. I know there are people that are worse off than I am even under these conditions. I guess I should count my blessings. Wish us luck.
Favorite quote.....GET OUT THE BEANS!