At last!!!

strat-man
strat-man
01/15/2007 10:20 pm
I finally got me a tube amp! well almost, its a hybrid solid state/tube Vox VR15, and i LOVE it! i already own a Vox (yes i'm a Vox man) DA15 modelling amp which is a fantastic amp, gives me all the tones i want, but i really fancied a tube amp, but its damn near impossible for me to get a tube amp that fits my budget (almost non existant!) or that i can push into overdrive without getting an eviction order served on me :( anyhow these amps are now out of production but i managed to pick one up, brand new, for 50 quid, thats about 95 bucks to you guys across the pond, been playin it all night, i play mainly rock and blues and it sounds great, theres 3 channels, typical warm and chimey Vox clean sound and two overdrive channels, one a vintage overdrive and the other a more modern distortion, not quite metal but i managed to get a nice Black sabbath "Paranoid" sound using a strat! and there's even a line out to run a 4x12 cab! suffice to say strat-man is a very happy bunny tonight, just thought i'd share my good news :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
tzer
tzer
01/15/2007 11:03 pm
Congrats and welcome to the world of Tubes :D I was just like you a couple months ago, I had 2 Crate solid state amps and craved a tube amp, so I got myself the Fender Deville 2x12....good overdrive for rock and blues and killer, killer cleans...but your Vox will get a much better crunch than my Fender...

Enjoy Strat-Man ;)
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
01/17/2007 5:22 pm
Awesome man... Vox kicks out some killer tone monsters! Always nice to see a fellow Strat player happy in their own tone-land.
# 3
strat-man
strat-man
01/17/2007 9:49 pm
Thanx guys :) , and tzer, i gotta say i am just a tiny bit jealous of your Fender....maybe one day i'll get a pay rise.... :rolleyes:
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.